Retirement communities in North Carolina offer a myriad of outdoor activities and experiences, along with picturesque towns and cities to suit almost every lifestyle—all of which has baby boomers flocking to spend their golden years in the Tar Heel state. And why not? A North Carolina retirement experience is the perfect way to kick back and truly enjoy life after years of hard work. Consider one of these top-notch retirement communities in North Carolina for a place to call home.Cedar Ridge, a beautiful independent senior living facility located in the wooded outskirts of Burlington, is the perfect place for retirees who enjoy quiet, scenic living with access to everything they need. Cedar Ridge features:
The Stratford, located in culturally-rich North High Point, is hands-down one of the best retirement communities in North Carolina. The Stratford features:
- Large private suites with a variety of floor plans for comfortable living in an all-inclusive facility that welcomes your beloved pets, too.
- Access to shuttle transportation, so residents can take advantage of everything that Burlington and surrounding areas have to offer, including shopping and dining, entertainment, local attractions, and healthcare.
- Fitness rooms, activities and well-balanced, delicious meals served three times a day, prepared by an in-house chef, so that residents can stay healthy and in shape.
- A unique travel program offered to residents of Holiday Retirement communities, allowing them to stay for free at almost any of the 300 retirement communities located throughout the United States and Canada.
Creekside Terrace is located in Winston-Salem, one of the most popular North Carolina retirement destinations. Residents of Creekside Terrace enjoy:
- Quiet, relaxed living in a community well known for its cultural and historical roots as well as for its beautiful golf courses.
- Easy access to state-of-the-art medical care for peace of mind, as well as convenient access to shopping, entertainment, and historical sites like the High Point Furniture Museum and Hanging Rock National Park, each located just minutes away.
- Free cable television service and utilities, as well as three meals a day prepared by a community chef.
- Access to retirement living anywhere, thanks to the Holiday Retirement travel program.
The Durham Regent is a retirement community located in Durham, North Carolina's education and sports epicenter. Collegiate ports lovers will be at home at the Durham Regent, which offers access to unique attractions like the North Carolina Zoo and Historical Old Salem, fine dining, and state-of-the-art healthcare. It also offers:
- Access to the area's top-notch medical facilities as well as the best shops, golf courses, parks like Bethabara and Tanglewood, museums, and outdoor scenic attractions like vineyards, Pilot Mountain and Yadkin River.
- Live-in managers to ensure the residents are comfortable and safe.
- Access to game rooms, TV and media rooms, as well as private dining areas for special occasions and activities. There are events and volunteer opportunities to keep residents active and busy, too.
- Private, independent living with a variety of floor plans.
- Access to the Holiday Retirement travel program.
Atria MerryWood is a hospitable community with all the grace and charm of southern living. On a sunny day, take a walk around the beautiful grounds, full of flowering trees and bushes. Invite family and friends to spend the night in the two-story brick guesthouse on the premises. Located in the heart of Charlotte, Atria MerryWood received a 2007 Platinum Award from the National Assisted Living Nurses Association.The Atria MerryWood includes:
- Access to sporting and academic events as well as Duke University and University of North Carolina, both located just minutes away from the community.
- A North Carolina retirement community that enjoys active and all-inclusive living, with a calendar full of activities and events for every taste.
- The benefits of being home wherever you go thanks to the Holiday Retirement travel program.
- Secured, healthy lifestyle amenities that you can enjoy with or without pets.
Alternatives for Seniors is a print and online directory that specifically caters to the senior housing and senior care concerns of senior citizens and their families since 1992. Contact us at (888) 743-9928 or visit Alternatives for Seniors website to begin searching for the perfect home for you or your loved ones. Also, be sure to join our Facebook community and follow us on Twitter.
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff.
- A choice of apartments.
- A full-time director for events and activities • An emergency call system in every apartment.
- Anytime Café with complimentary snacks and beverages.
- Assistance with activities of daily living.
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
- Medication assistance
- Scheduled local transportation